The Ultimate Packing List
11 days White Water rafting the Grand canyon
“The mark of a successful man is one that has spent an entire day on the bank of a river without feeling guilty about it.”
– Chinese Philosopher
If you’ve been on a private Grand Canyon rafting trip– congrats! This trip is on the bucket list for just about every paddler and adventure seeker, and for good reason. World-class whitewater, incredible hiking, and 2-3 weeks of fun with friends and no cell phone service. Less than a week to go until my 11 day white water rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. This will be my first ever multi day rafting trip and I’m super excited. But I’ll be honest, there’s quite a bit to plan for and prepare which is why I put together this all inclusive packing list for 11 days white water rafting the Grand Canyon.
I chose Colorado River & Trail Expeditions (Crate) for the trip – a 11 day Grand Canyon adventure. In addition to some truly amazing guides, Crate supplies tents, sleeping bags, and dry bags for our gear. As I prefer to travel light, having Crate provide some of the camping gear helps me to free up some space.
Please note, If you are rafting on your own, you’ll want to ensure you have a way of keeping your supplies dry and stable on the raft. Here’s a packing list for anyone going on a non-winter (June-August) white water rafting trip in the Grand Canyon gear & food support from an outfitter (thanks Crate)!
The Packing list: 11 days white water rafting in the Grand Canyon. What am I packing for my white water river rafting trip?
- Cotopaxi 42L
- This is my favorite piece of luggage. It’s tough, super roomy and converts to a backpack (how I usually use it) for easier carry.
- Cotopax Batak 16Li Daypack
- Waterproof Dry bag
- fill with anything you might need during the day – medicine, sunscreen, camera, etc.)
- Cotopaxi Bataan Fanny Pack
- Shortsleeve Bluffworks x5
- Choose lightweight layers and quick dry fabrics if possible. Invest in lightweight, odor resistant option. Avoid cotton as it’ll take forever to dry. You will not need more than 1-2 tees for camp.
- Shortsleeve Cotopaxi Activewear
- Columbia Omnishade long sleeve x3
- quick dry shirts with roll-up sleeves are perfect for 11 days on the river
- Columbia Terminal Tackle Long Sleeve
- Coastal Waters long sleeve with hood
- Tank top x3
- Hiking pants x 1
- Shorts x 4
- Swimtrunks/board shorts x3
bring older suits as they may tear or discolor depending on your water quality and activity.
- Compression shorts x5
- Activevwear tights x 2
Shoes & Socks
- Hiking Boots
- Water Shoes
- Ankle hiking socks x3
- OR Sunhat
- Baseball hat
An 11 days white water rafting in the Grand Canyon is the perfect time to unplug. No wi-fi, no emails, no text messages. Just the river, the stars, and friends.
But if for a travel blogger like myself, I can’t leave home without:
- Anker Quickcharge 26800 Power Bank
- Anker 20100 Power Bank
- Samsung Galaxy 20 Plus
- Freebud 3 headphones
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
- For photos, music, audiobooks, and ebooks
- GoalZero Nomad 7Plus Solar charger
- GoPro Max
- Hero8 batteries x6
- Max Charger batteries x3
- Head strap Mount
- Tripod mount
- Extension Pole
- Floating Hand Grip
- Memory cards x6
- Shoulder strap mount
Camping and Hiking Gear
- Northface Sleeping bag and stuff sack
- Sleeping bag can be provided by Crate, but I preferred to bring my own.
- Cocoon Camping Pillow
- Matador ground cover
- Travel Towel
- Collapsible cup
- Camping Mug
- Padlock x2
- Swissarmy Knife
- Tecnu Bites & Sting wipes
- Handyman Gloves
- Carabiner x 3
- you can clip your water bottle onto the raft or on your pack
- 2.5 L Ospray water bladder
- Clorox to go wipes x2
- Tynker Expandable lamp
- Hunters Specialties Scent-a-way (Biodegradable body wash and shampoo)
- First Aid supplies
- Blue Lizard sunscreen x5
- Hand sanitizer x2
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Eagle Creek Packing Cubes
- You have to make and break camp everyday. Having your gear organized will make life infinitely easier.
- Sleep mask
- Ear plugs
- Sunglasses x 2 (with croakies)
- ‘Rite in Rain’ Waterproof not book and clickable pen
- Belknaps Waterproof Grand Canyon River Guide
- This mile-by-mile color Waterproof Guide to the Colorado River through Grand Canyon features shaded relief/topographic maps, and special sections on history, archaeology, geology, natural history and photography.
- Deck of cards
- Nebraska State Flag
That’s the list of everything I’m bringing with me and my complete packing list for an 11 day white water rafting trip in the Grand Canyon Have you taken a river rafting trip? Were there things you brought that we’ve left out? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below!