This week I was nominated by Lori of These Days for my the Liebster Award. Of the different awards, I have been nominated for this one has the coolest concept. It’s a great way to connect with readers and other bloggers. It’s a way of learning about each other by what others want to know vs what we choose to share. Blame my philosophy major background, but my 10 questions for others got kind of deep. I hope through your answers I can get to know you better and maybe even find new inspiration.
Lori thank you so much for the nomination. If anyone wants to read her answers click here. One of Lori’s recent posts on friendship and goodbyes really hit home with me as I left Australia and just recently wrote myself on letting go.
Here are my answers to the 10 questions I received from Lori.
1. What is your weirdest quirk?
Too many to just pick one…
I will put Franks Red Hot Sauce on anything.
For someone who loves books and writing, I’m a terrible speller. 79% of the time I use Google it’s merely to see how to spell a word.
Also, I may have a mini case of OCD. I have to have things look a certain way and lined up in a certain order.
2. What is the most embarrassing thing you did as a child?
My parents were having a garage sale when I was about 7 years old and I was sitting near the cash register telling people I had 12 brothers and sisters stuck at the daycare because my parents wouldn’t go pick them up.
3. What is your favorite type of weather?
I love a light breeze and a temperature of about 75 degrees. Not too hot, Not too cold. Southern California Style.
4. What is your favorite summer activity?
When I can, I love going to the beach. Reading a book. Surfing. In general, just relaxing. I enjoy people watching there. The families have fun, the couples enjoying the sunset, the friends playing games and laughing. I love the sound of the waves crashing. I love staring at the horizon and feeling insignificant. I love taking a blanket and spending the day reading and napping. My perfect day will always involve a beach.
5. Who is someone that you have known that really influenced your life?
My cousin Sue and her husband Dirk. I only get to see them a few times a year but try to pick their brains every chance I get. Ever since I was little they have encouraged me to think for myself and follow my dreams. They’ve also shown me that there is no real blue print to life and that it’s okay to deviate from the traditional conservative life of a typical Nebraskan. They are both clever, open minded, and love to travel which are three things I admire in anyone especially family.
6. What are the top five things on your bucket list?
- Find my passion
- Visit a new country every year
- Attend the TED conference and give a TED speech
- Run for political office or become an Ambassador
- Go on a date with Emma Watson
7. Where is the coolest place you have traveled to?
I’ve done a lot of traveling in the past few years so “favorite” for me is like a parent picking a favorite child. But I was able to narrow my ‘favorites’ so far to:
- Hvar, Croatia
- Port Douglas, Queensland
- Port Denarau, Fiji
- Florence, Italy
- Prague, Czech Republic
8. Where is a place you would love to travel to?
- This is a never-ending always changing and shifting list but my current top 5 are:
- The Maldives
- Cape Town, South Africa
9. If you had to pick a different time period to live in which would you pick?
The Middle Ages (I’ve always wanted to be a Knight) and been fascinated with swords, myths, and figures from that time King Arthur, Robin Hood, etc.
10. Why did you decide to start your blog?
To start with Of Whiskey and Words was nothing more than a way of telling people back home about my travels and what I was up to. I had no plans for it to turn into what it’s become. In the beginning, I didn’t think anyone would even read it. Eventually, it became my outlet. The main tool in my “mission to civilize” the world. It’s become my haven and something I enjoy looking back on and take pride in seeing how far it’s come.
So thanks to everyone who’s helped me with it- that’s anyone who;s ever read it, liked something, commented, or given me ideas for its improvement and growth.
I picked the following 10 blogs to nominate:
The Ninth Life
Live to Write- Write to Live
Ms Elena Levon Traveling
Sarcasm & Scars
Wonder of my Worlds
The rules of the award are pretty simple:
One- Thank the nominator
Two- Display award in post
Three- Nominate 10 other bloggers
Four- Answer the 10 questions
Here are my 10 questions for the nominees to answer
1. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
2. Who are your favorite writers?
3. What interest haven’t you pursued, but have always wanted to and what draws you to it?
4. What’s your favorite travel destination? (been to and want to go)
5. Which talent would you most like to have?
6. What is your most treasured possession?
7. What thought or message would you want to put in a fortune cookie?
8. Who is your hero of fiction?
9. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
10. What is your motto?
Be sure to let me know when your answers are up so I can read them!